Friday, August 8, 2014

That Heavenly Father is Such a Tease!

I came home sick on Monday, my brain fried after attending a terrific 3-day writers conference. Since then I've been in bed trying to lose this wicked cough, drowning myself in NyQuil and zoning out in front of reruns of The Rockford Files, Full House, and Bonanza. To say the least, it's been somewhat uninspiring, leading me to believe that I'd have nothing worth blogging about this week.

Then what do you know, I logged onto that venerable bastion of journalism, Sheep Dip, and found this hilarious report on a press conference with God Himself! Right away I knew this was a must-share with my Gentle Readers.

So! It seems the Big Goofball was pulling our leg all along...

God Admits He "Pulled a Fast One" When He Sent American Troops in Search of WMD's

"Angels close to God told Sheep Dip that 'God is indeed a real joker.  He keeps us on our toes up here.'  One angel who asked not to be identified  by his Heavenly name says that the 'Almighty is always sneaking a whoopee cushion onto my gold chair when I’m off playing the harp somewhere.'" 

Personally, I'm not surprised. I actually saw God do standup in North Beach a few years back -- He wasn't half bad.

10 comments:

  1. I for one am grateful to know that God has such a great sense of humor!

    [Thanks for the shout-out!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And even cooler - we get to be the butt of HIS jokes!!

      Delete
  2. Feel better! And no, the entire town of Fort Bragg did not succumb to your cold, so you are exonerated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! Get some rest and hot soup.

    As for God being a trickster, I'm starting to suspect that the universe does indeed have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when we are served with deep dish sheep dip. Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ahab and Jono. I'm starting to feel better. We've got to find humor in life or we'll go crazy. Thank heaven for places like Sheep Dip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're felling better soon. Stay away from the Law & Order genre when you're under the influence of Nyquil or anything stronger. it because confusing as to which characters belong in which spin-off or the mothrship, and it messes with your mind for the next several years. Then Sam Watrson starts physically resembling Mariska hargitay, and you know your brin may never be the same.

    SVu put a character on as a pertpetrator in the rape of a male, and then a season or two made her the assistant district attorney. USA aired back-to-back episodes of her in the two roles. Try making sense of that while you're under the influence of purple codeine cough syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "became", not "because". i'm under the influence f purple codeine cough syrup. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that codeine stuff is powerful. I was on the gutless OTC NyQuil. :)

      Delete